Sunday 20 April 2008

we made it!

well....we have made it as far as Moscow. The train from Amsterdam was pretty sweet. We had our own cabin with a sink and bunks! The guards on each cabin did not speak any English at all(Russians)which made looking for the dining car quite an effort. There was no dining car! Luckily we did some shopping before hand or we would have starved. I did manage to aquire a couple of bottles of warm Russian beer from one of the guards. Anias parents met us at Warsaw and gave us more beer and food.

So first impressions of Moscow? Unsure as yet but the metro is confusing even without the language issue. Thank god for ania. I am completely in her hands. We have just checked into the hostel so going to get a shower and head out for a look around. Hopefully I will be able to upload some photos later...

4 comments:

yeled said...

i am trying to imagine how you managed to get beer from a russian guard..

Anonymous said...

Well Charlie, I do realise he's been gone for a total of 4 days but it sounds like you've forgotten what remarkable mime skills young jace possess. He can make Russians understand anything, but particularly his desire to drink. Glad you guys made it out of Her Majesty's reach. Enjoy xx

Jace said...

I feel that I was helping to subsidise his income. It was a mutual thing. He had beer and I drink beer. Perfect.

Guerilla Shopper said...

Right on. I can't wait to see these photos - you should take video! Keep on choo-ing.

Fondly, a fellow blogger