Wednesday 30 April 2008

Uniform

One thing i have noticed about russia is the huge military presence everywhere you go. I'm to scared to take photos of them even though i have a discreet camera, I on the other hand stick out like a sore thumb and with a 28mm i need to get right in their face. I have figured out that there are four types of people in uniform.

Police: Mostly a blue uniform. I have seen these guys checking peoples documents and waving batons. There are usually 3 of them.

Military: Army, Navy...all kinds. Most of these guys are just kids and you often see them drinking in parks wich is a great russian past time.

Security Guards: Now these guys are confusing as they are in camo gear but may only be patroling a bank. I did see one guy with a machine gun leaving on his van with a fag. I resisted a photo.

Randoms: Now there are also just groups of guys who apear to enjoy wearing full on camo gear. this is kind of worrying as you never know who you should take seriously.

Luckily i have not been approached by any of them...yet.

2 comments:

daryl said...

maybe you could just ask if you could take a photo

Unknown said...

kinda sounds like vauxall on a Sunday morning