Sunday 20 April 2008

oh dear

well. My first impressions of moscow I would have to describe as drab. As I have absolutely no idea about the language here I decided it would be ok let ania take charge of the directions and we went for a lovely walk into the centre. That is, a 40 minute walk east of the center in the pissing rain. It has not stopped raining since we got here. I started getting suspicious about our whereabouts though when there was nothing interesting coming our way. No problem though. We can just get the metro to where we want to be!(?)

Not really....the metro is VERY difficult even for someone with basic Russian skills. We have got it Sussed I think now but it makes you realise just how little influence the west has over Russia. There is nothing in English at all.

I took ania to a rockabilly club tonight. That was a mission to find in the middle of knowhere and in the pissing rain. We finally found it amoungst the housing estates in a basement down a long muddy drive way. Boy was it worth it! As soon as the band came on the Russians went crazy! All dancing like maniacs. Its so kitch. They really have no clue which made it so hilarious. I have photos so will hopefully post some tomorrow.

Its raining again all day tomorrow.....

No comments: