Thursday 17 July 2008

Lets Get The Hell Outta Here!



So we had had enough of temples. Time to get out of here and head to Thailand! Yay! Oh....a slight oversight. We met some Polish people who had a few problems with the border crossing into Thailand. It seems Polish people can't get a 1 month visa on arrival at the border like the rest of us. They can get a 2 week visa on arrival at the airport but that is it.

So Ania had to send her passport off to Phnom Penh and wait nearly a week (as it was the weekend) to get her visa. As much as i thought Siam Reap is a nice little place there is not much else to do there once you have had enough of the temples and as we have spent every single day together since April 16th its time for me to disappear to Bangkok and give us both a well earned break from each other.

Wooohoooo!

My door to door bus journey from my hotel to the Khao San Road didn't exactly start off as I expected but after a motorbike, shared taxi and then a minivan from the border I made it to Bangkok...and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as we approached the circus that is Khao San Road.

The pics are of the traffic approaching the Cambodian/Thai border. The road is notoriously bad and there are rumours that one of the airlines is paying money to keep it that way.

2 comments:

Clarabelle said...

Yes, I heard those rumours too! I was yellow after I spent 14 hours in a converted transit van (had some seats screwed into the back of it) driving from Trat through the border to Sian Reap.

I am jealous! Having lovely flashbacks from looking at your pics though.

Happy travels :D

Jace said...

Mmmmmmm yellow!

Maybe you need to get Timmy on the road!