Tuesday 22 July 2008

Bangkok

I've been in Bangkok staying around the Kao San Road for over a week now. I had a few good nights in a nice(ish) hotel with a swimming pool etc but now we are off the main drag back into backpacker budget bliss. Oddly after being here a while you start to recognize people and it seems the only other people who have been here as long as I are single males in their late 40s...living the dream! I can only imagine what they get up to here. I'm only here due to my toilet habits at the moment. Its strange after traveling all this time and finally getting to to what i would call civilization that i get these problems.

We had a great day yesterday in the luxury of the Paragon Mall in Siam Square. We watched The Dark Knight in glorious IMAX! It was awesome! Literally! It was so nice to have some luxury though i did receive some bad news....

It seems that the ship with all of our stuff will be docking in Melbourne on August 29th. Now that is only 5 weeks away and I don't want to go to Australia just yet. Actually....I don't really want to go at all! So it looks like the next 5-6 weeks we will not be doing any tourist nonsense but will just be at the beach having a holiday as much as possible. Not sure where we will be or where will fly from to get to Oz as we don't want to spend all of our time rushing and traveling. We may even just stay in Thailand for the whole time. Ania has a 3 month visa while mine is running out it seems so I will need to extend it.

We leave for Koh Tao tonight.


Woooooohooooooooo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey what about NZ? We're waiting for you here you know. Are you going to Melbourne first and then home?