Thursday 17 July 2008

Angkor!






The Great Angkor Temples! Oooooooh! Ahhhhhhh!

Actually - Its pretty impressive. Probably the most impressive thing that i have seen so far (this trip) mostly due to the vast number of temples and the grand scale of it all. It's comparable with Rome for wow factor even though everything is around 1000 years old. You can get either a 1 day, 3 day or 1 week pass to go and see these and you definitely need more than one day to check out the even the just the main ones. Its a very, very hot day out which encourages you to start early but personally starting early just means you can finish early because there are only so many piles of rocks that you can see in one day. We ended up spending 2 "half days" out there. We are pretty quick around the sites! These are not the first things I have ever seen in my life so I'm not about to immerse myself in each site for hours on end. In and out. But - I was still impressed and though there was no beach there I'm still glad that i took the time to go and see. Thanks for convincing me Dylan!

Siam Reap is the town that services the hordes of tourists and its a pretty neat little place. There is a great street called "Pub Street" and you can guess what thats all about as well as having plenty of great places to eat and even shop. I bought an opium pipe. It's awesome.

No comments: